There are lots of things to do in Surfers Paradise that are perfect for entertaining the little ones in the family. If you have lived on the Gold Coast for a long time (or forever) but you haven’t ticked off this list, then you need to take some time to enjoy our tourist hub through the eyes of a child and take your little ones to enjoy a day in the sun discovering why Surfers Paradise is No.1 on the list of overseas tourists (and Australia is No.2 ! )
Are you visiting and have a few days to create some fun family memories while buring some energy? Pick one (or two of these quintessential ‘Surfers Paradise’ experiences and make a day of it. Have lunch and be back at your hotel in time for an afternoon walk or play on the beach.
Things to do in Surfers Paradise with kids: Every day
- Go to the beach and build a sand castle, boogey board or catch a wave
- Visit Time Zone
- Go ice-skating at Planet Chill
- Ride the Slingshot
- Play mini golf
- See your favourite celeb at the Wax Museum
- Enjoy a BBQ at Cascade Gardens
- Cycle from Surfers Paradise to Main Beach
- Find Bigfoot at Macintosh Island Park
- Be amazed at Ripleys Believe it or Not
- See a show at the Arts Centre
- Swim, play and relax at Evandale Park
- Participate in Park Run at Evandale Park (Saturday 7am) – a free, timed, 5km run,
- Browse the Surfers Paradise Beachfront Markets. Each Wednesday, Friday and Sunday night year-round.
- Movies under the Stars
- Stand Up Paddleboarding
- Skypoint observation deck at Q1
- Aquaduck – it’s a bus that turns into a boat and the kids might get to steer.
- Pancakes in Paradise
- Ride the GLink light rail tram system
Things to do in Surfers Paradise with kids: Annual Events
- Children’s week
- Sand Safari – sand sculpture championships
- Iron Man Series
- Carols on the Beach
- New Years Eve
*Tip for visitors* Queensland is the skin cancer capital of the world. Children’s skin can burn in as little as 20 mins in our midday sun. Slip, slop, slap, and plan indoor activities for the hottest part of the day (11am-2pm).